Our future leaders
Potential Leaders Course
For more info
For booking please contact the Boyle River OEC. Email or Contact
Through the Boyle Potential Leaders Programme participants will become more informed and gain credits towards the National Certificate in Educational Achievement (NCEA)- all while developing valuable leadership skills.
• develop leadership and communication skills
• develop self-confidence, initiative and self reliance
• learn recreational outdoor skills in a variety of activities
• enjoy a residential experience that encourages independence and a chance to mix with students from other schools
• have an opportunity to gain the Outdoor Management Unit Standard 32844 (L3 C3)
• People credited with this unit standard are able to: demonstrate knowledge of factors that contribute to group performance in an outdoor activity; apply knowledge of group processes while participating in an outdoor activity; and evaluate personal contribution
to the group performance in an outdoor activity.
The environments we travel through are fragile. It is our responsibility as visitors to minimise the impact of our journey. We practice and apply Leave No Trace principles.
By its very nature adventure involves an element of the unexpected. To get the most from this journey that you are mentally flexible, positive, and eager to take on challenges that arise. If you are uncertain about your suitablilty for this trip please give us a call.