International Students Holiday Programme
WHAT WE OFFER
The Boyle is registered with worksafe and OutdoorsMark to operate in a range of locations throughout Canterbury and the West Coast.
This is the perfect chance to immerse your international visitors into a real New Zealand camp experience at the base of the majestic southern alps! During the school holidays!!
Our qualified and experienced team of outdoor educators will facilitate your students through their experience to make it fun, positive, educational and safe.
Our team are all experienced with Positive Behaviours for Learning and the NHA philosophy.
WHAT IT IS LIKE
This camp provides students with the opportunity to experience Adventure in New Zealand's mountain environment. The expected outcomes are for the students to:
• develop self-confidence, initiative and self reliance
• learn recreational outdoor skills in a variety of activities
• experience fun and exciting activities in the NZ outdoors and a gain a sense of connection to NZ
• enjoy a residential experience and a chance to mix with students from other schools
• opportunity to include assessment against Level 2 and level 3 unit standards
Experience the Boyle!
These activities will be led by trained and qualified instructors from Boyle River Outdoor Education
Centre [BROEC]. BROEC is a Canterbury based Outdoor and Adventure Education provider - we hold the ‘OutdoorsMark’, New Zealand’s leading outdoor safety audit certificate, and is registered with Worksafe
NZ as an Adventure Activities provider - as required under the HSE (Adventure Activities) Regulations
2011. Thorough hazard management, staff training, equipment checks and emergency response
systems are in place.