Rotary Year 10 Leadership Programme
Time & Location
About The Event
The Boyle offers a 5 day leadership programme for Year 10 & 11 students in conjunction with the Rotary Clubs of District 9970. One of the Rotary aims is to develop leadership in young people and they will sponsor students to attend this course.
There are many opportunities for Senior students to improve their leadership (our Potential Leaders Course is one!) but often Junior Leaders are limited for options.
With this particular course we are aiming to give the younger Year 10 & 11 age group a chance to start on their leadership pathway. Working in the outdoors gives real and challenging opportunities to begin working on their leadership skills. Developing an awareness of these skills and reflecting on their goals allows the student to take these skills back into their communities and schools.
This course provides students with the opportunity to experience Adventure Based Learning in a mountain environment. The expected outcomes are for the students to:
• develop communication and leadership skills
• develop self-confidence, resilience and self reliance
• learn recreational outdoor skills in a variety of activities
• experience fun and exciting activities in the outdoors and a gain a sense of individual and group achievement
• enjoy a residential experience that encourages independence and a chance to mix with other participants
If you are a Year 10 or 11 student, a teacher or a Rotarian and would like more information please contact us for more information or to Enroll on the course.
- Rotary Leadership Programme$780$7800$0